Applications for 2021 Scholarship Now Closed
The Campus Life and Community at Tech Scholarship seeks to recognize and reward students that have positively impacted the Institute community through their leadership, scholarship, and service. The presence of vibrant academic and social communities are essential for quality student life. Consistent with the mission and vision of the Student Center, healthy communities are characterized by cooperation, commitment, diverse perspectives, meaningful connections, mutual respect, belonging, and loyalty. Recipients of this scholarship will successfully demonstrate a purposeful and significant commitment to building campus community and enhancing student life through their role in a new or enhanced program, activity, or initiative.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact Jalen Teal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Recommend a Student?
If you are a recommender and ready to start your process, please select "Submit References" below.
2021 Application Process Timeline
Feb 22: Applications open
March 12: Deadline for completed applications
March 16 – March 29: Review of application begins
April 5: Contact candidate to interview
April 12 - 16: Interview and selection of recipients
April 23: Announce Recipients
Primary Selection Criteria
The applicant’s role in and impact of a new or enhanced program, service, activity, or other initiative that significantly contributed to student life and enhanced community on campus.
- Scope and impact of program, service, activity, or initiative
- Applicant’s role in the program, service, activity, or initiative
- Sustainability of program, service, activity, or initiative
- Impact of community building in the program, service, activity, or initiative
Additional Application Elements
- Short answer responses
- Video or presentation (eg. Prezi, Powerpoint) uploaded to YouTube that describes your community-enhancing program, activity, or initiative. You will want to creatively convey your impact and the intersection of leadership, scholarship, service, and campus community at Tech. Videos should not exceed 2 minutes and presentations should not exceed 10 slides.
- Two on-campus references that can speak to the applicant’s character, leadership, commitment to campus community building, and his/her role in the relevant program, service, activity or initiative. Both must be from faculty, staff, or administrator.
- GPA must be a 3.0 or higher
- Applicant must be a current Georgia Tech undergraduate or graduate student and at least a second semester freshman, and be enrolling in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Two references from faculty and/or staff on campus
- Begin applying on February 22, 2021
- Complete application by March 12, 2021
- A student in Good Standing