May 3, 2017 | Atlanta, GA
B.S. in Nuclear & Radiological Engineering, Spring 2016
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Spring 2018
Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech - all departments
Two degrees from Georgia Tech, football player from the 2015 Georgia Tech Orange Bowl Championship Team, bookstore employee, one of only seven student employees selected to receive a 2016-17 Student Spotlight award. Which of these does not describe Tim Seager?
If you guessed two degrees from Georgia Tech, technically that would be the correct answer because today he only has one degree from Georgia Tech and that’s his B.S. in Nuclear & Radiological Engineering that he earned Spring 2016. He’s still working on his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering that he is due to complete Spring 2018.
“Timothy is a model of “WOW” customer service and really goes above and beyond to serve the campus community,” said Leah Antoniazzi, Store Director for Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech.
Timothy actually “goes above and beyond every day. He is primarily assigned in our Textbook Department assisting customers. However, he has shown interest in other departments and I can proudly say Timothy has trained in every department of the store. He always is willing to work any event and often volunteers for most athletic, on-site events.”
Because of these accolades and more, Timothy Seager received the Campus Services Student Spotlight for Spring 2017.
We caught up with Tim in between his work, classes and finals and asked him to tell us about himself. Here’s what he said.
“How long have you worked in this position?”
- 10 months
“What are your duties in this position?”
- Help students find their textbooks, gather their graduation robes, sell product at athletic events
“What do you like best about working in this position?”
- Meeting different students and passing on my knowledge to help them get out
“How has this position helped you?”
- Helped me become more comfortable talking to people
“What have you learned through working here?”
- How much the bookstore works to help the students and faculty of Georgia Tech
- Any Harry Turtledove novel
“Favorite Spot on Campus?”
- Bobby Dodd Stadium
- “We gon’ fight, till we cant fight no more, we gon’ lie down and bleed a while, we gon’ get up, and fight some more” – Derrick Moore
“What do you like to do on the weekends?”
- Watch football and play video games
“Who is your favorite professor and why?”
- Dr. Hertel, seemed to really care about his students and was always willing to help us have an easier time in his class
“What is your favorite class and why?”
- INTA 4014 – Scenario Writing and Path Gaming, the second half of the semester the undergrads are assigned a country to play as and the grad students present a scenario which the undergrad groups play through as the different countries.
“Tell us about some organizations you’re involved with on campus.”
- Georgia Tech Christian Students Club
“What advice do you have for incoming students?”
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help, and it's ok to fail as long as you don’t let the failure consume you
“What would people be surprised to know about you?”
- I am a 2015 Orange Bowl Champion as a member of the Yellow Jacket Football Team from 2011-2016
“Favorite TV show?”
- Big Bang Theory
“What will you miss most about Tech after graduation?”
- All the free stuff given to college students